1 DMP Smoked Ham Hock or DMP Country Style Ham bone
2-3 cups or slivered sorrel leaves… or beet leaves
½ cup of chopped green onions
1/3 cup of chopped dill
8 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup of sour cream
hard boiled eggs
1. Put the water and the ham hock or bone in a large pot and bring to boil.
2. Simmer for a few hours. Remove the bone.
3. Add the vegetables and cook until tender.
4. Add the meat back into the pot.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Before serving, take a bowl of soup out of the pot, and slowly add the sour cream, then add it all back to the pot.
7. Before serving, chop up a hard-boiled egg add this to your soup bowl.