This recipe is a fun take on a traditional Filipino fried rice recipe, but this time with a whole lot of bacon.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 package Drake homestyle bacon (chopped)
- 4 cups of rice (cooked)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 egg (fried)
- Heat pan over medium-low heat. Add the chopped bacon and sauté until it’s just about to turn crispy.
- Once the bacon has rendered it’s fat, carefully pour the grease out of the pan and into a small bowl. Leave about a tablespoon of bacon fat in the pan.
- Sauté the garlic into the leftover bacon fat, until it’s just about to turn golden brown.
- Add the rice and constantly stir. Make sure that the rice is evenly coated by the garlic-infused bacon fat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You might want to go a little light on the salt because the bacon itself is already salty.
- Once everything is evenly mixed and seasoned, turn the heat off and remove from the burner, and then add the chopped green onion. The residual heat will cook off the strong onion smell but keep the green onion fresh and fragrant.
- Fry the egg to your liking.
- Transfer everything on a plate and add the fried egg on top.