*The following recipe is from Drake Meats’ ambassador Kyle M.
70% beef + 30% Drake Maple Bacon = 100% delicious! This smoked pizza meatloaf with bacon makes for a hearty meal for the whole family.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package Drake maple bacon
- 300 grams pepperoni
- 300 grams mozzarella cheese
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven or smoker for 250°F
- Combine the beef, very finely chopped bacon, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix together until combined but do not over mix.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper down and spread the beef mixture flat on the parchment maintaining about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread pizza sauce over the beef mixture. Lay shredded or cubed mozzarella cheese on one end, then cover the whole surface with thin pepperoni slices.
- Tightly roll up the beef mixture until it is shaped like a log. Make sure the ends are covered with meat otherwise the cheese will leak out.
- Transfer it to a baking dish or aluminum pan.
- Cook at 250°F for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. During the last 15 minutes of the cook, spread shredded mozzarella on the top of the meatloaf and layer some more pepperoni slices on it.