If you find yourself craving Pork Chops this Fall/Winter but don’t feel like clearing a path to your BBQ, these Slow-Cooker Mongolian Chops are a perfect alternative! A little salty, and a little sweet, this warm-you-up dish is a great option on a chilly day. Set it and forget it in your slow-cooker for an easy mid-week meal!
What You’ll Need:
- 5-6 Drake Pork Chops – thawed
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoons minced garlic, cloves
- ¾ cups soy sauce
- ¾ cups water
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup julienne carrots
- green onions, for garnish
- 1 cup rice, as side
- In a Ziploc bag add pork chops and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients.
- Add coated pork chops and stir again until coated in the sauce.
- Cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked through and tender.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over rice.