*The following recipe is from Drake Meats Ambassador, Chelsea Suik-Thomas.
Perfect for any gathering, this Slow-Cooker Ham with Maple Brown-Sugar Glaze is sure to please your guests.
- 7 ½ lb unsliced bone-in ham
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Using a sharp paring knife, trim excess fat and skin from the ham. Slice a grid pattern into the ham.
- Add ham and 1 cup of water to slow cooker and heat for 5-6 hours on low, until heated through.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes. Prepare glaze.
- Bring maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard, pepper, and cornstarch to a boil in small saucepan. Allow to boil for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until sauce begins to thicken.
- Allow glaze to cool for about 5 minutes. Preheat broiler in oven.
- Pat ham dry and place on a file lined baking sheet. Spoon glaze over ham.
- Heat under broiler for 5-7 minutes until glaze has caramelized.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!