Shakshuka is a Middle-Eastern egg dish, recently becoming one of the hottest recipes in North America. It can serve both as a healthy breakfast, or a flavourful dinner if paired with salad and bread. Whatever the occasion, our recipe takes it to the next level with savoury Drake Farmer Sausage.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package Drake Farmer Sausage
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can crushed tomato
- 3 eggs, 1 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1 Baggette as side
- Slice Farmer Sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Chop up onions and garlic.
- Coat deep cast iron pan with olive oil and place on medium heat.
- Add Farmer Sausage and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic. Saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add crushed tomato and season with salt and pepper, let it come to a simmer.
- Crack and add 3 eggs.
- Immediately place pan in oven on medium heat until eggs are half cooked OR cover pan and saute until eggs are half cooked.
- Finish off with fresh basil and cracked pepper.
- Serve with a grilled baguette on the side.