This omelet is a nice twist from the usual. You can use various toppings, herbs and cheeses.
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
Pinch Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons pizza or spaghetti sauce
¼ cup (rounded) mozzarella cheese, grated
¼ cup tomatoes, diced
¼ cup green peppers, diced
½ cup DMP Smoked Ham, diced or you can use DMP maple bacon, DMP Farmers sausage or DMP pepperoni
1. Whisk eggs, milk and spices along with salt and pepper.
2. Melt and heat butter in a non-stick frying pan on medium high heat, may used cast iron pan.
3. Pour egg mixture into the pan. When it starts to set lift up sides with spatula, tip pan and let the uncooked egg mixture slide beneath the cooked part.
4. When eggs are almost set, spread the pizza sauce over the top. Sprinkle on the tomatoes, green pepper and ham. Sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Place under a preheated broil setting in the oven, watching closely just until cheese is melted and golden in color. If using a non-stick pan and you can’t place it in the oven, just cover with a lid and cook for another minute or two to allow cheese to melt.