The photo and following recipes are from Chelsea Suik-Thomas at Elite Petite Day Care in Saskatoon, SK.
Perfect Oven Baked Bacon
I can’t cook bacon in a pan to save my life. Baking your bacon in the oven will change your life and save you from destroying your favourite breakfast meat.
- Lay strips of bacon in an even layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment or foil.
- Place sheet pan in cold oven and set temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is done to desired crispiness. Generally by the time the oven is preheated, the bacon will be done.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel.
Golden Buttermilk Pancakes
A friend introduced me to this recipe a few years ago and it quickly replaced all others! These pancakes are deliciously vanilla scented and fluffy. I’ve adapted it slightly from the original recipe found on All Recipes.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift together dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl.
- Crack in the eggs and pour in the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- If using your stand mixer, attach paddle mixer and gradually increase speed to medium/high until batter is smooth. If using a regular bowl you can either whisk batter by hand or use an electric mixer or immersion blender.
- Preheat your pancake griddle or pan on the stove at about medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or oil.
- Scoop batter into desired pancake sizes on pan. Flip when bubbles start to form on surface and sides begin to firm up. Cook until the underside is golden and the sides are firm.
- Serve with your favourite toppings like maple syrup and butter or berries and whipped cream and a side of Drake Meats Bacon or Farmer’s Sausage!