One-pan meals make weekday dinners a breeze, and this Sausage, Root Veggies & Pan Gravy dish is no exception! Loaded with veggies, fresh herbs, and mild Mennonite Sausage, it’s a savoury dish that will leave your entire family satisfied.
*The following recipe was submitted by Drake Meat’s Ambassador, Chelsea Suik-Thomas.
- 700 g red potatoes, cut into 2” pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp, each dried thyme & oregano
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 coil of Drake Meats Mennonite Sausage
- oil spray (optional)
- 2 tbsp melted butter, unsalted
- 2 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
Fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss veggies and herbs in a large bowl (save bowl for gravy)
- Add sausage and lightly toss. Transfer all ingredients to roasting pan, rearranging sausages so they are evenly distributed along the top of the veggies. Set aside.
- In the same bowl used for the veggies, whisk together the melted butter and flour until smooth.
- Slowly add beef broth and whisk until incorporated. Don’t worry about making it smooth; you may have some bits of butter floating around.
- Pour gravy down the side of the roasting pan (not all over the sausage and veggies).
- For sausages that are more browned, spray with oil. Place into preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes and turn sausages (you can spray with oil again) then bake for another 25 minutes or until sausages are browned and potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!