The following recipe is from Drake Meats Ambassador, Darren Thomas.
What You’ll Need:
- 5-10 medium size potatoes (no wider than the muffin cup)
- 12 Slices Drake Meats Maple Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Garlic Powder to Taste
- Onion Powder to Taste
- 3 tsp of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Peel potatoes, if desired, and slice lengthwise between 1/16 to 1/8 inch thickness
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt and olive oil. Toss well to coat the potato slices.
- Place Drake Meats Maple Bacon on a work surface. Place potato slices along one edge so they are slightly overlapping.
- Carefully roll up the bacon and potatoes to form a rose, then put it in the cup of a muffin pan, you can use a toothpick to secure the roses.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Gently fan out the potato slice petals.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese.