If you’re looking for a flavourful, easy-to-make dish that the whole family will love, look no further. This smoky Farmer Sausage, Peppers, & Rice Recipe is simple to make and brings a bit of heat to the table.
– Recipe adapted from “Life Made Simple’s ‘Sausage, Pepper and Rice Skillet'”
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package Drake Garlic Farmer Sausage, diagonally sliced in 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a small saucepan, cook rice based on package’s directions.
- Heat a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the diced sausage and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the bell peppers and onion, saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and brown sugar, cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside with the sausage.
- Add the tomato paste and a 3/4 cup of chicken broth, whisk to combine. Simmer for 1 minute, then add cayenne and paprika.
- Mix in the cooked rice, sausage, remaining chicken broth, pepper and onions. Heat for 1 more minute. Garnish with chopped parsley.