If you’ve ever pan-fried bacon for your whole family, you know how difficult it is to get each strip to the perfect crispness, and have it all ready at the same time. Most skillets can’t properly fit long strips of bacon without folding over, leaving you with unevenly-cooked pieces. Plus, if you’re cooking more bacon than a single pan can fit, your first batch gets cold while you cook the second – not ideal! Finally, you come to the dreaded cleanup of scraping the bacon grease out of the pan.
If you’ve ever been frustrated by this, we have the perfect solution for you: Bake your bacon!
A baking pan is big enough to lay flat all of your bacon in a single batch. Heat is spread evenly in the oven, allowing your bacon to be cooked evenly and to your exact desired crispness. Plus, it’s all ready at the same time! Finally, by lining your baking pan with parchment paper or foil, cleanup is as easy as throwing away the paper – no scraping required.
- Preheat your oven to 415 F
- Line an edged baking dish with parchment paper or foil
- Lay out bacon strips flat so that they are not folded or overlapping
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes (this will vary depending on how crispy you like it)
- Flipping bacon half-way through can speed up the process, but it is not required
- Remove the bacon just before your desired crispness (it will continue to crisp slightly after being removed from heat)
- Enjoy perfectly cooked bacon, every time!
Start using this life-hack, and your family will be wondering how you turned into a bacon-ninja overnight. Next time you’re in the mood for smoky, salty pork, grab a baking dish and cook your bacon to perfection!