We’ve teamed up with Saskatchewan-based Chef, JP Vives to bring you flavourful dishes that will take your meals to the next level. These Caramel Apple Smoked Chops are made with fully-cooked Drake Smoked Chops, and topped with a caramelized apple and brown sugar mix. Chef-inspired and easy to make, this dish is a great way to treat your family or impress your guests. If you’re not careful, you might soon find it on your list of favourites!
What You’ll Need
- 4 Drake Meats Smoked Pork Chops
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tbs rosemary
- 1 tbs chives chopped (optional)
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 apples sliced
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups baby potatoes (as side)
- 4 ears taber corn (as side)
- Brush and coat pork chops with oil and rosemary on both sides, set aside
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Coat medium cast iron pan with oil, saute onions to light sheen
- Add apples and squeeze of lemon, saute until apples are soft
- Mix in brown sugar and butter
- Place in preheated oven until lightly caramelized.
- Sear smoked pork chops on BBQ or large pan until heated through (if using raw pork chops, make sure chops are fully cooked).
- Pull out caramel apple mix, add to plated smoked pork chops.
- Garnish with chives (optional)
- Serve with side of herb roasted baby potatoes, seasoned with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of lemon juice, and fresh taber corn grilled with your choice of seasoning.