These Breakfast Sausage Pops are a delicious addition to your morning recipe repertoire! Coated in pancake batter and deep fried, they are a real treat for any breakfast sausage lover.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Package Drake Meats Breakfast Sausage
- Pancake mix – ready-made or homemade (below
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5″ wooden skewers
- Fully cook Drake Meats Breakfast Sausage in medium frying pan
- While sausages are cooling, mix pancake batter.
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Make a hole in the center and pour in the milk.
- Start with 1 1/4 cups milk, adding up to another 1/4 cup if necessary, as you mix it with the flour.
- Add the two eggs, vanilla (optional), and oil, whisking until mixed but still a bit lumpy.
- Place mixture in a tall glass.
- Fill a large heavy pot, Dutch oven, or deep fryer with enough oil to submerge sausages; heat until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 360 degrees.
- Meanwhile, pat sausages dry, and insert a 5-inch wooden skewer through each lengthwise.
- Dip 1 sausage into batter, turning, until completely coated; let any excess batter drip off, and wipe away extra batter using your fingers.
- Lower sausage into hot oil immediately, turning to cook evenly, until deep golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined tray, turning to blot oil. Repeat with remaining sausages.
- Serve with syrup and powdered sugar