*The following recipe was submitted by Drake Meats’ Ambassador, Chelsea Suik-Thomas.
“I made this incredible potato salad for our annual birthday BBQ and let me tell you, it knocked the socks (sandals?!) off everyone who tried it! I’ve tried many recipes before this one and this is by far the best. Definitely a keeper and made better with Drake Meats Bacon!” – Chelsea
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 12 oz. Drake Meats Homestyle Bacon, cut into 1” pieces
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp bacon drippings (reserved in pan from cooking bacon)
- Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- While potatoes are boiling, cook bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and lay on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour off all but 2 tbsp drippings. Add the mayo, mustard, sugar, and salt to skillet and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, green onions, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the ingredients and gently stir to evenly coat. Gently fold in the bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Leftovers can be stored (covered) in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.